Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday Blah and Saturday 5K and stress

Friday was rather blah...for a multitude of reasons, but most of which I can't divulge here. Two up notes though -

WORKOUT - 6 miles around CR Park. I'd planned on a 10 mile run, but I was just missing my boys and anxious to pick them up so I cut it short. I'm a MOM...and as much as I love running - I love being a MOM more. Period.

Date Night - we have a fabulous new sitter and HUSBAND and I had the opportunity to have a really nice evening out. beautiful dinner... mediterranean olives, cedar planked salmon and roasted vegetables. Oh yeah..and two glasses of wine. A beautiful Malbec. I MUST start posting some pictures.

Saturday - 5K. 27:09. I didn't PR (yes, I'm rather slow...) but I figure that is pretty good considering the 2 beautiful glasses of Malbec the night before and how horribly crowded it was. I like big races...but not crowded. I HATE having to try and get past people, groups of 5 people in a row, and being half run over by someone not paying attention. That's just me...if you like that then by all means - this was a race of you.

I haven't figured out my running schedule for Sunday and Monday (I'm off). I think I'll aim for one last LONG run before the 1/2 on the 25th. The other day I'll do my 1 mile as per current 30 day challenge.

PS. I just previewed my post and realized I forgot to write about the stress component of my title...I guess that's a good thing :) It means I'm feeling all normal again ! Yay! Who needs to go there? Hmm? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment