Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm still alive, still running, oh and a couple marathons.

Today’s workout:
6 miles on the treadmill

Well, I guess you could say it’s been awhile since I posted! As in close to a year! HELLO...

I can, at times, be rather good at getting really excited about a project and then letting it fall to the side... what can I say, I like to dream big. I tend to forget how many hours I have in the day...and often get frustrated because I always feel like I need MORE HOURS in the day!

Well I can at least say that my running hasn't taken a downturn! I've done a whole bunch of races in the last year... including my first 2 FULL MARATHONS!!! My original goal was just to complete 1 marathon.... but my training partner and I decided to sign up for another marathon as a training race.

so on December 16th we did the Mt. Dora Inaugural Marathon and then on January 13th we did our GOAL RACE - The 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon.

Before our marathon training began, the farthest I had ever ran was 13.1 miles... the idea of a full marathon - 26.2 miles - was scary. VERY SCARY!

many many training miles later - 


26.2 didn't seem nearly as scary and I can honestly say the experience was amazing. DISNEY is amazing! I have to take some time and do a race re-cap for both races.


My training partner and I - post raceI'm the one in pink who looks like they're in pain...LOL4:38


happy with my time...was aiming for 4:30 but it was so.very.hot. more on that later.

Now that the marathons are over, I don’t have another marathon on my schedule, but I do know that I will have many more in my future. 

Right now I am focusing on ½ marathons and short races. I’d like to shave some time of my shorter distance races. 

I also really want a sub-2:00 ½ marathon.

For now here is what my race schedule looks like: 

1/26/2013 - Seasons 52 Park Ave 5.2K: 25:54 5K Split, 26:55 finish: Course PR & 5K PR!
2/2/2013 - Lady Track Shack 5K
2/3/2013 - Melbourne Music ½ Marathon
2/16/2013 - House of Hope Run Around the Pines 5K
2/24/2013 - Disney Princess ½ Marathon
3/3/2013 - Swamphouse ½ Marathon
3/17/2013 - Sarasota ½ Marathon (depending on HUSBAND’S schedule)
3/23/2013 - Winter Park Road Race 10K and 2 Mile
4/6/2013 - Gr8 to DON8 8K
4/13/2013 - Clearwater IronGirl ½ Marathon
4/20/2013 - PTF Spring Sprint 5K
11/9/2013 - Disney Wine & Dine ½ Marathon (this is the race I do for my brother Dave)

I’m sure there will be some other races thrown in there....and maybe a tri, but for now, this is what I have on the horizon.

I’m hoping to keep with my blog this time...and use it as my “OUTLET...” (Watch this spot ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment